Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Soundtrack


I have a soundtrack.

It's called "Tidy Up," and I regret that you can't buy it at your local FYE or on I-Tunes because it's freakin' awe-some.

"Tidy Up" is my personal compilation of rock 'em sock 'em songs that help me bust a move as I clean me casa pequena in a fashion muy rapido. My lucky ball and chain was good enough to burn it for me, much like a disco inferno.

Why? Oh, Peter Cotton Tail, we've been down this bunny trail before: Because I'm down with ADD, and I struggle to focus on the job to be done without being distracted by objects both bright and shiny.

Thankfully, my dear mother figured out something when I was a wee lass that helped me to tune in to the task at hand: If she turned everything into a game, I did it - Fast! Be it brushing my teething or making my bed, it was all a race, which mysteriously I somehow always won.

As I no longer live with my parents, I have determined a means by which to harness my power of competition by trying to beat something else:

Songs.

Can I get the bed made and the random pile-o-clothes folded and put away before Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back is over? There is only one way to find out...

Here are some of the greatest "Tidy Up" hits:

Holiday by Green Day
Hey Ya by OutKast
Beating Hearts Baby by Head Automatica
Dancing with Myself by Billy Idol
Your Love is Better Than Life by The Newsboys
Here it Goes Again by OK Go (still one of the cleverest music videos ever!)
Lump by The Presidents of the United States of America
You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive

My suggestion? Make yourself a cleaning CD and crank that baby up. Can you get your dishwasher loaded before the Spice Girls finish singing "Wannabe?"

There is really only one way to find out.

No comments: