Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reso-My-Lution Part I


Happy New Years, kiddos! And you know what that means: It's time for New Year's resolutions. Yippee - yet another reason for nerds everywhere to make another listy list!!!

Every year my darling dearest and I perch in front of our previous year's resolutions, basking in the glory of the ones we achieved, and plotting vengeance against the ones that slipped through our fingers. We'll get you next time, goals...next time...

What do we list?

-Things we want to do
-Things we want to own
-Places we want to go

Where do I come up with such insightful inklings? I steals 'em! Okay, so it's not from Bob of Bob's Discount Furniture, you're welcome very much. I totally stole this format from another Bob, aka one of my boyfriends.

So what does 2009 hold for the Varney clan? I'll give you a brief glimpse of my own goals in the hopes you will be inspired to write down some resolutions of your own.

Do:
-read the entire Bible in one year
-learn how to rock climb
-write a stand-up comedy routine
-drive "politely"
-get preggers
Own:
-a new dishwasher
Go to:
-The City Museum

It's very, very important to write your goals down. And it's very, very, very important to create a plan on how you are going to achieve those goals.

How important?

In a famous study of Harvard's class of 1979, researchers found that 10 years after graduation, 3% of the class made 10 times as much money as the other 97% combined. The reason? The 3% had written goals and plans to achieve them.

That's how important.

Would you like borrow my pen?

No comments: